Tuesday 26 July 2011

Episode 60: The Darkling


Next up we have a Doctor episode but it’s...well.... it’s not very good and the sad thing is I’ve actually been looking forward to this one. I mean, the Doctor isn’t too bad in it but he’s not in it that much at all. Kes seems to be in it as much playing the part of a lovesick teenager who’s fallen for a member of an explorer race, yeagh I know what he wants to explore. I liked Kes more when she was a Warlord, I might’ve even liked her more when she was going out with Neelix.... nah.

The Doctor thanks to his own programming tampering (which NEVER goes wrong) becomes a Jekyll/Hyde character and, this is probably the only time I’ll ever say this, I prefer him normal. That’s not to say his ‘Hyde’ wasn’t interesting because it very much is, it’s just he immediately had much more personality as soon as ‘Jekyll’ returned. I can only hope the next Doctor episode is an improvement.

Apart from the limited involvement of the Doctor this is quite a dull episode. There are far more interesting things for Kes to do than come back slightly late to to the ship to get a disapproving look from Tuvok. Yes, Tuvok, at least the person Kes is involved with isn’t a hologram.

Also I’ve just reviewed Telepathy War, a Star Trek comic crossover from 1997. Check it out at Post Atomic Horror (link above).

No comments:

Post a Comment