Tuesday 19 July 2011

Episode 57: Coda


Friends, have you ever wondered what an episode which is the cross between TNG’s Cause And Effect and The Next Phase would be? No, me neither, so it’s quite beyond me why this one exists. Still Janeway dies a few times in this so it can’t be ALL bad.

Janeway and Chakotay are in a shuttle to visit a planet for some reason. Except once there she dies they end up back in the shuttle. Again and again until I assume Jeri Taylor got bored (which was considerably after me). It’s then that she decides that it should be about being dead so Janeway’s a ghost. Then she gets bored again and it was an parasitic alien all along. Damn those aliens! Why can’t they leave us alone! What? We keep invading their territories? Fair point.

At one point the Captain’s father, Admiral Janeway turns up and I would’ve sworn I’ve seen him before in a Star Fleet uniform but I guess he must just have one of those faces to be an admiral i.e. an old face. Oh yes, and we’re all shocked when it’s revealed he’s the alien.

The most remarkable thing about this episode is that it doesn’t actually involve time travel at all. Which is the scariest thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment