Tuesday 13 September 2011

Episode 81: Waking Moments



Today’s episode features a lot of sleeping. Now I could go for the easy joke and say I fell asleep watching, and I will. If they’re going for the easy show then I’m going for the easy joke.

Anyway, in this “exciting” installment the crew of Voyager all have nightmares, for example Janeway dreams of Neelix, oh and some dead bodies. In all their dreams there’s the same alien and because Harry Kim’s in a coma (he dreamt of Seven... yeah, dream on) they should probably do something about it. Captain Spirituality himself, Chakotay, decides to lucid dream but the alien tricks him and tries to take over the ship. Then there’s the usual are they dreaming or not. Of course they are, that’s ALWAYS the twist.

Oh and when the twist comes it takes the Voyager crew about five or ten minutes to actually get their heads around it. It’s not complicated! They’re travelling in time every other week, and dreaming is what confuses them?! *ahem*

Like a lot of episodes in this season I can’t help feel I’ve seen this before whether its from different parts of other Star Trek episodes or just the same one. I’m actually waiting for them to do something interesting, something that warrants the ship being across the galaxy and not just in the next solar system across.

No comments:

Post a Comment