Sunday 17 April 2011

Episode 19: Projections



Well whadoyouknow, Achoyeemoya did make it so there was a good episode coming up.  This is the best episode I’ve seen so far.  Well it is.  For a start it’s a Doctor-centric episode.  Secondly Kim is deleted, albeit briefly.  Thirdly I love the episodes which they screw with the reality of shows.  True, we all know it’ll all be a lie at the end, but it’s an entertaining lie and isn’t that the real truth?  In this case, yes.

Of course the Doctor is brilliant in this, not just the sarcastic asides or putdowns either.  Robert Picardo’s acting as a hologram who doesn’t know if he’s man or hologram was very believable.

Also good to see Barclay in this even if it isn’t actually him (or is it?).  It was good that the vast majority of the episode was scenes with The Doctor and Barclay as they played excellently off each other.

To think this episode was done on four sets they already had and with two actors on top of the regular cast.  Just goes to prove spending money on effects and vast numbers of guest stars doesn’t guarantee a good episode.  Hell, this is Voyager most things they do doesn’t guarantee a good episode.

Even the fake out ending didn’t bother me, in fact, I’d be annoyed if they hadn’t done it.  I’m sorry, I’ve no idea what’s happened to me.  I’m sure I’ll be back to normal for the next episode or will I?  Computer, end program.

No comments:

Post a Comment