Wednesday 10 August 2011

Episode 66: Displaced


Aaaand we’re back to normal with another uninterestingly mediocre episode.

This episode starts with an alien suddenly appearing on Voyager with a crewmember disappearing at the same time, this practice then repeats itself. Excellent, they’re replacing the crew! Unfortunately the aliens are somehow more dull than the actual crew is already, plus Chakotay somehow is the last to go. Turns out the aliens are doing this deliberately so they can steal Voyager and leave the crew in a habitat with food and entertainment from Federation culture. Oh no, it’s a Holiday Camp! And what Holiday Camp wouldn’t be complete without a wacky neighbour? I’m just glad they didn’t take him with them. Incidentally the habitat looks incredibly similar to their Paxau holodeck resort (and yes, I had to look up the name).

These aliens really are pathetic, I’ve no idea how they managed to ensnare 93 other starship crews like this, since Tuvok quite easily uses technology from the replicators in the habitat to A-Team himself up some technology of his own. Oh and speaking of Tuvok, it turns out there’s another Vulcan rite mentioned. I kind of wonder how Vulcans manage to find time to join Star Fleet or be Amabassadors.

Did I mention this was mediocre? I’m sure I must’ve.

No comments:

Post a Comment