Sunday 13 November 2011

Episode 107: Gravity



You know you’re in for one of those episodes when the credits roll and they call Lori “I was in Karate Dog” Petty a Special Guest Star.

Tuvok, Paris and the Doctor on a mission on a shuttle crash lands on a desert planet. A woman wearing a head scarf and presumably fed up with telling people this isn’t Ceti Alpha V or VI arrives. After stealing the med kit and the contents of the shuttle she is rescued from aliens by Tuvok who she gradually falls in love with over the next couple of months. This obviously annoys Paris who diverts his anger into trying to get Tuvok to make out with her. Oh god, it’s turned into a seventies sitcom, without the laughs. I guess that’d be a sixties sitcom. The rest of the time on the planet is pretty much “Go on!” “No.” “Oh go on!” “No.”. Meanwhile on Voyager it transpires that only an hour has past because of.... say it with me... spatial anomalies. Oh and there’s aliens trying to close the rift to get to the shuttle crew plus flashbacks to young Tuvok because obviously there’s not enough happening. The line at the end of the episode pretty much summed up my feelings. “I am grateful”.

I just thought I should mention that Paris was annoying in this episode. Just in case this didn’t come across in the summary. At one point when he says to Tuvok “It’s just you, me and the rocks” I was willing Tuvok to beat him with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment